Alexa on Sonos One India

When will Alexa be available for use with Sonos One in India?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, ramvtn. Welcome to the community. We're hard at work building up the Alexa Skill for Sonos while adding to it. When Alexa support is enabled in a new location, it takes some dedicated engineering work and testing to bring support to Sonos. We are committed to bringing Alexa voice control to Sonos in as many regions as possible but don't have any indication as to when this might be available in India. Stay tuned for more.
If you haven't bought the One, there are many good non Sonos options out there what will work just as well or even better in some respects, with a Dot wired to them, or via Bluetooth if that feature is part of the solution.

Amazon released Alexa in India in October 2017; other locations where Alexa was released after India have received Sonos attention and integration. Draw your own conclusions from this as to when Sonos will meet your needs in India.
When will Alexa be available for use with Sonos One in India?
Explored Sonos Voice Services just now and found Alexa enabled in India
Hi Vish. Alexa in not working on my Sonos one though. I am in Delhi. Is there a setting change required?
Hi Vish. Alexa in not working on my Sonos one though. I am in Delhi. Is there a setting change required?
Hi Punkaj, Did not tweak any settings. Just went into voice services and found Alexa in there. Had to go thru multiple steps in installing Alexa skill and App
My country setting is United States