Alexa on SONOS 1 stopped finding TuyaSmart plugs

• 22 February 2018
  • 4 replies

I used to control smart plugs (TuyaSmart) in the house with Alexa on the SONOS 1, but one day Alexa could no longer find the plugs. Another SONOS 1 in the house and an Echo can turn on and off the plugs with ease. I can also turn on and off plugs with Alexa and TuyaSmart apps, but this one SONOS 1 does not find the plugs any more. I tried rebooting and asked Alexa to discover new devices. It says there are no new devices. I have not tried resetting, which SONOS discourages. Anyone with same problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
First off, I would suggest Disabling and then Enabling the Tuya Smart and Sonos Skills.
Thank yo for the suggestion. I disabled and enabled both skills, and still have the same problem. The other SONOS1 and Echo find the plugs fine, but not the second SONOS 1. Could the SONOS 1 be defective?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you check that Alexa heard you correctly for the problem Sonos One in the Alexa App>Settings>History.

If Yes, then section 3 of the Answer I posted in this post shows how to reset the voice control on your problem Sonos One:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16201009
Thank you again for the suggestions. I did what you mentioned with no success. Frustrated, I called SONOS support. They asked me to switch user on that SONOS 1 by saying "Alexa, switch user". Simple command that fixed the problem. I have no idea how we managed to switch user the first time. Thought I would post here the answer in case someone else ends up having the same problem.