Alexa on Beam won’t launch apps on Fire TV

• 21 July 2018
  • 9 replies

I have a new Beam and Fire TV Edition. They are connected through all of the various apps, but the Beam will not launch apps on the Fire TV. If I say “Alexa, launch Netflix,” it simply searches for Netflix. My Echo on the other hand will actually open the app. How am I able to fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Just installed my Beam as well today and have exactly the same problem - Also I can't tell Alexa to TURN off or on the TV as well.
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2656?language=en_US
Just installed my Beam as well today and have exactly the same problem - Also I can't tell Alexa to TURN off or on the TV as well.

Identical problem. No control of Netflix, it just finds the program on Amazon Prime or searches for the Netflix app. TV will turn on but not off. Would love to get to the bottom of this one.
To get my TV to turn on I had to open the Alexa app, select devices and add device. It then found the TV
Having the same exact issue and was going to create another topic on this... it searches for the app but does not open it unless you ask for a specific show or film to be opened. Same issue?
Same problem here
Have you tried removing the device(s) from the Alexa app and then rediscovering them? Doing this found my TV, which was previously not visible as a device. This then meant i could control the basic tv functions with Alexa through the Beam.
Hey did anyone solve this issue? I have the same problem with the Beam and Fire Stick.
Not that I know of.