Answered

Alexa on Arc goes quiet for too long after asking a question

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have an Arc set up with two One surrounds and not long ago (I can’t pinpoint exactly when) it started taking at least ten seconds for the volume to go back up after asking Alexa something and the answer finishing, or if it thinks it hears the wake word it will stay quiet for far too long. Any ideas would be much appreciated, as it’s really annoying. I don’t have ‘follow-up mode’ enabled as it’s ‘disabled when using Wi-Fi connected speaker’ according to the Alexa app.

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 10 April 2023, 15:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Simon_140, welcome to the Sonos Community!

it started taking at least ten seconds for the volume to go back up after asking Alexa something and the answer finishing

This makes me think that the follow-up mode could not be properly disabled.

if it thinks it hears the wake word it will stay quiet for far too long.

This can also be the case of background noise, which delays the deactivation of the Sonos Arc microphone.

I suggest disabling and re-enabling the Sonos Skill via the Amazon Alexa app. This will refresh the connection between your Sonos and the Amazon Alexa cloud.

You can also try and remove Amazon Alexa entirely from your Sonos system and re-add it, but make sure to sign off from all Amazon Applications before re-adding it though.

You can set up Sonos Voice Control and give that a try, you might prefer it when controlling Sonos.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask here or reach out to our Sonos Support.