Answered

Alexa Not Working on My New Sonos One

• 26 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I just bought a Sonos one today, I already have a Sonos play1 and an amazon Alexa. After I had setup my new Sonos in the Sonos app, and after going though the voice setup, when I ask it to play a song it 1. takes about 25 seconds for it to know what I said and 2. either says there was a problem or just ignores it and does nothing. I don't know how to fix it and I really wouldn't like to return it if I didn't have to.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 27 September 2018, 12:05

Can you please power down these devices for 5 secs, allowing each to complete the boot sequence before moving to the next device:

- Router
- Any wired network switch
- Any wired Sonos product
- Any other Sonos product
- All other connected network devices - A pain I know!

If this fixes the issue, I suggest that you reserve IP addresses in your Router set-up for your Sonos devices. (I use the range 192.168.0.200 and above for Sonos devices).
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Now when I ask it to play a song it will take about 25 seconds to recognize what I said and then another 15 to start playing it, it still won't recognize when I ask it to play or pause or turn it up or down or anything like that
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you please power down these devices for 5 secs, allowing each to complete the boot sequence before moving to the next device:

- Router
- Any wired network switch
- Any wired Sonos product
- Any other Sonos product
- All other connected network devices - A pain I know!

If this fixes the issue, I suggest that you reserve IP addresses in your Router set-up for your Sonos devices. (I use the range 192.168.0.200 and above for Sonos devices).