Alexa not working on Beam

• 26 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Alexa on my Sonos Beam stopped working all of a sudden yesterday. If I try and request a song (or "what's in the news", etc.) Alexa responds "OK, now playing XXXX..." but then there is no sound.
The sound is turned up (it works if I go into the Sonos app and start a song from within there), but does not play when requested through Alexa. If I then go into my kitchen where I have an Amazon Echo and request a song it says that Amazon is streaming on another device.
It also wouldn't turn the TV on / off, saying that "Lounge TV is not available" - having switched both the TV and beam off overnight that is now working this morning, but still unable to play music, etc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There is a European outage of Alexa since 8:00 BST this morning.
There is a European outage of Alexa since 8:00 BST this morning.

Thanks, but it was last night when it stopped working on my Beam, but was working fine on my Echo
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Okay, first step is Disable and then Enable the Sonos skill within the Alexa App.