Answered

Alexa not working at all on new Sonos Arc

• 16 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I just installed my new Sonos Arc on my older Samsung TV via the optical cable (only option as there is NO HDMI-ARC on this older TV).    I have other Sonos Ones in the house with Aiexa already and they work fine.  During the Sonos install of the Beam, is stated that it linked with Alexa.    The Alexa function does not work at all on the Arc.  The iight for the microphone is not on.  The Arc does not respond at all to Alexa commands.  How do I debug / fix this?   I expected I would have normal Alexa functions (ask weather, or news) and be able to control the Arc Volume with Alexa as I do on the Sonos Ones. 

Please advise - Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 17 June 2020, 02:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @MamboKing1, you just need to enable Alexa on that Arc. Go to Settings > Voice Services in the Sonos app and add Alexa to your Arc.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your response - that worked!   I recommend you update your install direction.  I added the Arc to my current Sonos environment easily, but it never stated I needed to follow the steps above to enable Alexa.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you for your response - that worked!   I recommend you update your install direction.  I added the Arc to my current Sonos environment easily, but it never stated I needed to follow the steps above to enable Alexa.  

I believe this is a privacy requirement, although I agree it would be useful to have a message displayed.