Question

Alexa not responding with SoundCloud + Sonos Move.

• 27 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I notice that whenever I am playing music through SoundCloud, Alexa does not respond until I manually go into the Sonos app and pause the music. Does this happen with anyone else? I currently own the Sonos Move. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @brendanwjordan.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow me to ask some questions and provide some recommendations to help out.

1. When you give Alexa a command using SoundCloud music service, How does Alexa respond to the command?
  2. Does this issue happen with other music services such as Spotify, Amazon Music, Radio TuneIn, etc (which ever applies on the music services available on your Sonos And Alexa app)
  3. How does Alexa respond when using other music services?
  4. Since when did this issue starts happening?
  5. Did this issue ever worked in the past?
  6. What changes were made prior it was still working and the moment it stopped working?
  7. Can we check if SoundCloud is added as a music service both on the Sonos and Alexa app.  

Can we try these recommendations and please do follow accordingly.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,