Question

Alexa not playing through SONOS

• 5 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi. I've had Alexa (Dot) working great with my four zones for the last couple of years. Over the last few days Alexa can only control one of the Zones (Office). When i ask Alexa to play songs in the kitchen (one of my zones), Alexa announces "songs paying by ,,,, in the kitchen" but no music plays. .. it's the same in 2 of the other zones. However one zone (Office) is controllable by Alexa. I've tried deleting and re-adding the sonos skill in the Alexa app, and deleted the zones and asked Alexa to re-add - but no change. Any tips ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The other 'reboot' type of fix I'm aware of is to logout of the Alexa (it's an option under settings), shutdown the app, and then restart the app and login.

I've also seen issues like this where the name of smart devices are too similar, particularly between the alexa dot and the sonos speaker/zone. Doesn't sound like that's your situation, but mentioning it none the less.
Userlevel 7
Hi jameslee88

Make sure the zones are not grouped. Also, check that the credit card that you used for your Amazon Music Unlimited account has not expired. If your card has expired your account has been downgraded to stream to a single device only.