Answered

Alexa not playing radio or amazon music

After updating to sonos 10.2, Alexa has stopped playing radio via Tunein and amazon music. The request is repeated back to confirm but then nothing plays. I have tried disabling the skill in Alexa app, but then I could not re-enable. I removed Alexa voice control from each sonos one and then added it back which also re-enabled the skill in Alexa, but no change.
Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 17 May 2019, 17:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

I'm having the same exact issue which just started today. I can play anything if I start it from the Sonos app but nothing plays if I use Alexa on my Sonos One. It will tell me it's playing Amazon music but no sounds come out, or if I ask for Spotify it says "sorry that device isn't connected". I tried removing Alexa from the Sonos One and disabling the Sonos skill from the Alexa app, then adding both back. It didn't help the problem at all.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Me too, but only on my Play 1s that are the preferred speaker for an Echo Dot. Beam and Ones are fine.

Apple Music also repeats the command then nothing plays; Spotify repeats command and then says Sonos is offline.
It appears to be a system outage with Alexa, Google Assistant and Spotify. Spent the last hour restarting router, reinstalling Alexa, Sonos and Spotify app until I decided to check the live status..

https://status.sonos.com/

Thanks, Barkiechan. Sonos staff should have pinned that to the top of the forum instead of allowing us all to waste our precious time.
Thanks barkiechan. All working again this evening. It would have been good for Sonos to highlight these things rather than wasting time trying to fix something that cannot be fixed at our end.
We have just got back from holiday. I noticed the app had updated while away. As soon as we tried out Sonos 1’s Alexa would acknowledge our voice to play music but then nothing. It will play from app. But not voice.
Userlevel 2
I have the same problem. Also unable to use basic Alexa controls on a local music playback eg skip/next and pause.

Have factory reset the Sonos one's and get the same thing.
Userlevel 1
My problem is different. As of today amazon music mp3 recordings that I purchased won’t play on sonos. Amazon streaming music does play. Neither amazon nor sonos can figure it out. Amazon mp3 plays fine on Alexa app. MP3 plays fine on google app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks, Barkiechan. Sonos staff should have pinned that to the top of the forum instead of allowing us all to waste our precious time.
They have! Please look at the top of the thread on the right hand side is the link to the Status page. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

The previous outage should now be resolved. If you're still seeing issues, please send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Alexa acknowledges my request to play apply music or BBC radio, but then plays nothing.

diagnostic confirmation number 1325394797
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Alexa acknowledges my request to play apply music or BBC radio, but then plays nothing.

diagnostic confirmation number 1325394797

I suggest that you open a new thread as this post is 4 months old but first try Disabling the Sonos skill then Re-Enable the skill.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
You can't get BBC anymore on Sonos using an Alexa request - you have to do it through the Sonos app.

The BBC has pulled TuneIn support for Alexa devices as of today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/37e4e3f6-fbd2-4c14-8d72-7f7139641582
thanks both - working now!