Question

Alexa not playing Apple playlists

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

My Sonos no longer plays my Apple playlists when I ask Alexa. This started happening last week. Any fixes?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mfen, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out with this.

First I'd like to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. When did it start happening? Were you able to stream with Apple music on the Sonos app?
2. Have you tried reauthorizing your Apple music service in the Sonos app? In the Sonos app, go to Settings > Services & Voice > Tap Services > Tap on Amazon Music > Reauthorize
3. Have you tried removing and re-adding the Apple music service?

If Alexa still performing the same, please proceed to the next troubleshooting steps.

1. Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
  2. Open the menu in the top left and tap on Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos > Disable Skill.
  3. Deregister your Sonos speaker from Alexa by following the instructions on Amazon's website: Deregistering a device.
  4. Disable Voice Control in the Sonos app. From the Settings tab, tap Services and select Amazon Alexa under Voice. Select the voice-enabled speaker from the list of Sonos Products, and tap Remove Alexa.
  5. Log out of all Amazon Apps on the mobile device, including the Amazon app, Alexa app and Amazon.com in your mobile browser.
    • To sign out of the Amazon mobile app:
      • On Android devices, open the app and tap Menu > Your Account > Sign Out.
      • On iOS devices, open the app and tap the menu icon in the top-left corner, and then choose Settings > "Not [name]?"
  6. Using the Sonos app, complete Alexa setup again. Follow the steps to log into the appropriate Amazon account when prompted to do so.
  7. Once completed, try giving Alexa another command.

If the steps listed above do not resolve your issue, please contact Sonos Customer Care for further assistance. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.