Alexa nor google assistant not appearing as voice assistants

• 21 November 2022
  • 7 replies

I had amazon alexa linked and working with my sonos one. Used it primarily to play spotify. At some point the announcement feature did not anymore work. I have sonos one, sonos one sl and beam gen 2 connected to my sonos network and s2 app.

for that reason i disconnected voice assistant services for alexa to try repair. Now when i try to add alexa voica assistant, i can’t find it in the list of available voice assistants in sonos app - services and voice - add a voice assistant. It only lists sonos voice control. Also google assistant does not appear on the list.

i followed many different advices from disabling alexa skilla, logging out and taking power off from my sonos devices without success. Any suggestions what could be the problem.

7 replies

Are your One and One SL connected as surround speakers to your Beam gen 2? 

No they are not. All individual speakers.

A common reason for not seeing a service is it not being available in the user's country of residence, as recorded in the user's Sonos account. There is no way that could have changed? Where are you based?

Based in Finland. Used  to work without an issue before and country not changed.

Based in Finland. Used  to work without an issue before and country not changed.

Nevertheless, Alexa on Sonos is not available in Finland according to this information from Sonos.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/amazon-alexa-availability-on-sonos

Well my sonos and alexa account locations are in US. This used to be the way to go around it.

They may be checking IP addresses now, or any of several methods of geo location at this point. Companies have continued to evolve their methods, likely due to lawsuits from various places about people skirting those laws. 

Unfortunately, Sonos has no control over how the various services check your location.