Question

Alexa News Flash -- Play on all Sonos speakers

• 12 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have a Sonos One, PLAY:5 (next to a Dot), Playbar, and Connect (for previous speakers). After setting up my news sources, I enjoyed that when I asked Alexa for the news, it played across all of my Sonos speakers. It was beneficial in the morning, while moving from room-to-room.

Without notice (or any change to the system), Alexa now only plays the news flash on the One, or on the Dot. Voice commands to play it in other rooms merely results in Alexa starting the news over again.

Like many issues others are experiencing, I assume this an Alexa problem, but any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks-

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hello there, Tony625. Thanks for reaching out and for the details. Have you tried rediscovering devices on Alexa? Additionally, you may need to remove the skill and re-enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app. Let us know if this works out for you and any results.