Alexa music related commands - nothing works

• 13 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Today I updated my iOS app and then it updated my One speaker. Now nothing works regarding music services. "Alexa, play 101.1 FM on Tunein radio" - Alexa responds saying playing but nothing happens. Same happens with iHeart, Pandora and other music services. If this is Beta I hate to see Alpha..... Come on Sonos and get these things fixed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi You don't need to specify Tunein radio in the command, please see:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343?_ga=2.147468471.1095743978.1506552577-1491669311.1488879254&_gac=1.26837327.1511606155.CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1oALnz96PmYXSnBA2S5Va6kZH-GMxirNsBm3OEv4x_UDJRYzPiX8OxoCxj8QAvD_BwE
Userlevel 2
Badge
You do if you have multiple services with similar stations
I have the same problem since the last update but with Spotify. Alexa says “playing playlist X in the living room” but nothing happens and there is no music in the Sonos controller.

It works if I ask Alexa to play music on the echo.

So it’s definitely between Alexa and Sonos.

Help!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same problem since the last update but with Spotify. Alexa says “playing playlist X in the living room” but nothing happens and there is no music in the Sonos controller.

It works if I ask Alexa to play music on the echo.

So it’s definitely between Alexa and Sonos.

Help!!

Can you confirm that Spotify is set-up as your default music source in the Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media? Also please disable the Sonos Skill and then Enable again and see if that works?

If the problem continues then please follow the steps I've listed within the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Yes Spotify is the default, and yes I disabled and enabled the Sonos skill again. I also restarted everything (modem, router, each speaker). Same. I’ll check the other thread tonight. Thanks
so even after following the instructions it did not work. but I went to the sonos app, ungrouped all the speakers, then Alexa worked again (on one speaker), then I grouped again everything, and now it works again. weird!

thanks anyway