Answered

alexa multi room

• 13 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Why wont Alexa play my music everywhere, when I've set up a group called "Everywhere" and tell Alexa "Alexa, play Classic Rock Everywhere".
icon

Best answer by jgatie 13 September 2018, 20:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Alexa groups do not work with 3rd party speakers at this time. Amazon is still working on their Multi-Room speaker SDK.
This seems so outdated to me. I have three Sonos speakers in my home and two Alexa devices. One being in my daughters room. Would certainly love to tell Alexa to play jazz everywhere so I’m not listening to jazz in the kitchen and 80’s rock coming from her room. Even if we do want to listen to the same stations, you can’t sync them so it’s always off. Seems this should be a no brainer. We already use Alexa to control the Sonos speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This seems so outdated to me. I have three Sonos speakers in my home and two Alexa devices. One being in my daughters room. Would certainly love to tell Alexa to play jazz everywhere so I’m not listening to jazz in the kitchen and 80’s rock coming from her room. Even if we do want to listen to the same stations, you can’t sync them so it’s always off. Seems this should be a no brainer. We already use Alexa to control the Sonos speakers.

Please note this is an old post and support for Alexa Groups was introduced this year - please my post here for an overview: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/an-overview-and-explanation-of-the-new-support-for-alexa-grouping-6817788/index1.html#post16298346