Alexa Mic Sensitivity

• 8 January 2018
  • 7 replies

Does anyone else still experience problems with mic sensitivity? Even after the last update, I still find myself screaming and repeating myself to get alexa to acknowledge me. The update did help some, but it's still not where I feel like it should be. Am I the only one?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's a lot better but still some way to go before it matches the Echo Dot. But then the Echo Dot has been around a lot longer and has improved over time and my expectation is that the Sonos One will follow the same route.
There is no need resurrect and post in multiple threads. Sonos reads every thread, posting it once is enough and helps to keep the requests centralized and easier to tabulate.
Badge +1
I find if music is playing at a moderate volume, 50% + or -, I have to shout directly at my sonos One to get it to respond. It ends up being easier to use the buttons since I’m so close to it by then.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
@graison - Have you tried turning the microphone button off and then on again? There was a known issue recently where the microphone would lose sensitivity over time and that would reset it, Another user recently reported improvement in mic sensitivity after cycling the mic button.
Badge +1
I might've done this already but I'll try again and test it out.
Hey there, graison. Thanks for posting. If you are still having troubles please create a new Troubleshooting topic. I'll be happy to take a closer look and advise in any way I can.