Answered

Alexa lost her hearing

• 19 July 2018
  • 9 replies

All has been great with my Sonos One for months. Come in the door and ask Alexa to play stuff and she always obliged. All was great this morning while working in the kitchen and told her to stop playing and she did. Came in this afternoon and called her name and don’t get the bong. Called her again... nothing. Third time and nothing so I pulled her plug, waited a minute and plugged her back in. After a few minutes still no response to ‘Alexa.’ I even yelled right in her ear.

Any ideas to get her working again? The app says something about no internet connection but everything is working fine elsewhere as far as that is concerned. Not sure what I’m missing.
icon

Best answer by Ditte 19 July 2018, 14:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

In the Alexa app it is showing the Sonos One as offline, if that helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This can be fixed sometimes by opening the Alexa App in a browser ( https://alexa.amazon.co.uk or https://alexa.amazon.com ) and selecting Settings.
Went in and checked that. I am showing a Sonos One and Alexa. I renamed the Sonos One to Alexa so I'm not sure why that one is still showing. That is the one that is showing offline. The Alexa instance I can't seem to do anything with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I suggest that in the browser version of the Alexa app>Smart Home>Devices you select Forget All then Discover. Let us know how you get on.
That cleaned up the list nicely. Thank you for that. But she's still deaf. Any other suggestions before I call support? Assuming it is a Sonos problem?
Userlevel 5
Hi BCM,

I'm almost afraid of asking, as I'm fairly certain you've already checked, but... is the mic on? :)
If she's still not responding, then please do give us a call and we'll check it out with you.

Best,
Ditte
I didn't check that. Didn't know it could be turned off. How do I check it?
Userlevel 5
Check the top of the device, there's a little microphone icon, and if you tap that, the light goes on/off.
Light on: Mic on. Light off: Mic off.

Best,
Ditte
That was it. Thank you! How can that get turned off though when no one can access the top of the device? It sits on a shelf with a shelf just above it. Fingers can’t get in there, and it is just me and my wife here. No cats or kids. Also... she wont play Sirius again. She pretends to but doesn’t. I know that was fixed in another thread I started so I’ll head back over there. Thanks again.