Alexa Integration with Amp

• 29 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello All,

Moved into a new property with built in speakers in the ceiling. I’ve purchased a Sonos amp to run these and it’s working great. I now want to connect my Alexa devices to this amp (wirelessly). But Alexa doesn’t seem to discover the amp, I had no problem with this in the old property with an older gen Play:1. 

Any help would be hugely appreciated. 

United Kingdom

Cheers,

Patrick 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

As you've had this working in a previous property, I expect that you know this but can you confirm that you have enabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa App and discovered devices?

Also can you confirm that the your Sonos and Alexa devices are on the same wi-fi network and that the Alexa account is linked to your Sonos account and no other Sonos account?

Hello,

Yes I’ve had the Alexa connected to the Play:1 but the Amp is new, so I’ve not yet seen them working together. I’m unable to get Alexa to discover the amp. 

But yes I can confirm they are on the same network, I am able to open Spotify and use airplay/wireless features within the Spotify app. 

Kind Regards,

Patrick