Alexa in Mexico

• 13 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello, I currently own a Sonos One that I purchased here in Mexico. I'm wondering when Alexa will be supported here.

I've read about this topic and there's no specific time frame on when this will be available. I really don't mind at all that Spanish is not supported anywhere in the world with Alexa since I'm a native English speaker from the US and all I really need is Alexa to be available period.

At the moment is there anyway around this? I have a US app store account and have downloaded the Amazon Alexa app on my phone but still no luck in setting it up on my Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge
Juat bought the sono one and have exactly the same issue. Thinking about changing my sonos one for the Google Home Max
Badge
Hope I can help. These are the steps I followed to get Alexa working in Mexico.
I can't recall the exact steps but these points are a basic guide of what I did:

1. Using android, go to apps, force stop sonos, amazon, alexa, etc, anything related to amazon or the sonos one.
2. Select storage, clear cache, clear data.
3. Factory rest my sonos one.
4. Install a vpn app (I used turboVPN) and connect to USA.
6. Here comes the tricky part. You must have a play store account with a US address so you can download the amazon alexa app.
7. Make sure if you have the amazon shopping app installed, your "personal address" is set to a US address.
8. In the amazon alexa app. Go to settings:
At the top in Devices I have three options:
a)Master Bedroom
b)My Sonos One
c)This Device

9.For a) leave location and time zone blank
For b) type in your actual zip code and time zone.
For c) type in the same zip code you have in your US address in the amazon app profile.

ALMOST DONE!!!

10. Scroll down to Alexa Account. Select Your Alexa Apps. Type in the same zip code of your US address in amazon and c)This Device.
11. Turn off VPN.
12. Restar device and sonos one.

By now you should be able to add voice and music services in your Sonos app.

I hope this helps you or at least points you in the right direction. It all basically comes down to bieng able to install the amazon alexa app and making the apps and sonos one think you are phisically in the US. Don't worry you dont need to run the VPN app again except for updating the amazon alexa app once in a while.