Alexa in Hongkong

• 11 October 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

How do I set up Alexa on a Sonos in hk. Alexa isn’t on the Hong Kong App Store and it’s not an option in the Sonos app - the app only offers music options not voice.  Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @CDSp.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I know you really want to use Alexa in HK but apparently, it's still not available in your country.

To know more about this click here. Amazon Alexa availability on Sonos

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

It works on Android with Alexa app from USA store if you are talking about iOS then probably you need to try USA app store but google assistant I have no way to get around it so far

Two options for whom first time to play Echo in HK 

1) Use Mac PC Safari to search Alexa App APK then download to PC. Old version of APK before 2019 works fine. Send the APK to Android device and install then play around.

2) Use a Fire tablet which is Alexa enabled. ( Alexa App is built in ) 

The 2 options were verified. Have fun 

Sack 

Badge

I actually install Alexa in play store using a USA Google play account and I can update it regularly too, so you can avoid side load it