Answered

Alexa in Denmark

• 16 July 2018
  • 5 replies

No support for vocie control in my country. I use the Sonos app on my iPhone. When I go to voice control it tells me that there is no support in my country (Denmark). When will it be supported?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 17 July 2018, 01:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No support for vocie control in my country. I use the Sonos app on my iPhone. When I go to voice control it tells me that there is no support in my country (Denmark). When will it be supported?

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. We don't have a timeline available for voice control support on Sonos system sin Denmark. We'll be sure to make an announcement if that changes.
Userlevel 2
I had a Echo Dot I bought from Amazon in Germany and set it up with an German street address and an American iTunes-account. The Alexa app on the iPhone picked up the beam yesterday without any problems when I installed the new Beam, so it can be done.
But so far the only addition is to turn on and off on the TV. Looking forward to Google Home with full support and integration for Denmark.
Hi,

Jeff - is it the same for Sweden? Alexa is not available for me on the new Beam. However, Amazon is officially supporting the country and my Echo-units are functioning. I can use my kitchen Echo to control Beam though but it would be nice to have the feature enabled on Beam.

Cheers
Hi all,

I bought 2x Sonos One in December 2017 after reading an article quoting a Sonos representative in Denmark stating, that Alexa would probably not be available until ‘the new year’ ....i.e., actually communicating, that Alexa would be available very soon - great! But actually the quote was an understatement and the year is now quite old. So I actually fell somewhat cheated upon by Sonos!

How hard can it be? The standard answer from Sonos in this thread could mean that Alexa never arrives in e.g. Denmark ... or when all us in smaller countries have moved to some other solution!

A disappointed Sonos Owner
Hi All

I set my sonos and alexa profile to UK and everything is working, its a fast work around.