Answered

Alexa gives incorrect location for weather

• 31 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello - I have 6 Sonos speakers linked to Alexa. Four give the correct location when asked about the weather, but two do not. All are linked to the same Amazon account. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 31 July 2021, 13:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you checked “Your Locations” settings in the Alexa app?

Thanks for replying. I believe you have to adjust the location on a per device basis. I see my Sonos speakers listed on the Alexa app in my devices section, but I can’t click on the Sonos products. The only ones I can click on successfully on my Alexa devices.

Thanks for replying. I believe you have to adjust the location on a per device basis. I see my Sonos speakers listed on the Alexa app in my devices section, but I can’t click on the Sonos products. The only ones I can click on successfully on my Alexa devices.

There appears to be an ‘issue’ in the Alexa App that prevents a user seeing/changing their Sonos device (with Alexa component) properties including the device location settings, however…. 

If you goto to the ‘online’ Alexa view, rather than using the Amazon Alexa App at alexa.amazon.com and login via a computer web browser and goto ’settings’ you will see your Amazon device list displayed somewhat differently in that online view. NB access to the site ‘may’ not work from a mobile device with the Amazon Alexa App installed, but it should work from a computer.

Via this online view, you can change your Sonos device location on each of your Sonos products/Alexa components.

Meanwhile, we can only hope the Alexa App issue will be fixed in the not too distant future.🤞

This worked! Thank you very much for the help. I greatly appreciate it!