Alexa fails to discover Sonos device

• 29 August 2018
  • 1 reply

I have purchased Sonos Beam and two Sonos Play:1. I have set up and registered the products on the Sonos account.
I have set up Amazon Alexa on my laptop (using BlueStacks anroid app as our phones are not to latest spec).
I can select and play music/Radio stations etc, and have surround sound from HDMI ARC from television.
The lap top is wirless, so that implies that the wirless connection is working and also that the Play1 and Beam work.
I have added the Sonos skill to the Amazon Alexa account, but when I try 'Add Device' a popup screen displays 'Discovery failed'.
Please can anybody direct me to a step by step installation guide for the Sonos Beam with Alexa.
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Rod Lipscomb. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Are you able to discover your devices by going to http://alexa.amazon.com ?

I'm also aware of some Android App Emulators that do not have native access to the network, which may explain the problem you are encountering.