Answered

Alexa echo dot will not play on sonos

• 7 October 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge
Hello
Got myself an echo dot to make life easy to play music on my sonos for things like when I’m cooking and can’t use my hands to control using the phone.
I’ve not been overjoyed to say the least!!
I’ve looked at the video on how to connect and even tried the command it says on the video ‘ Alexa play jazz in the kitchen’ it responds with’ no music found’
Can’t get anything to play....I know that we are still waiting for Spotify. But I thought I could get at least the tunein app to play something???
icon

Best answer by joll 30 December 2017, 14:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

For tunein, you need to specify a radio call sign or station name. She's smart, but tunein station genres are not her specialty.
See the commands list for more:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343/related/1
Userlevel 2
I have similar issue. With mine, sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn’t. I have Amazon Music and Pandora Music services. It seems to happen more often with the one Echo Dot. I don’t have as many issues on my Echo and another Echo Dot. I even tried resetting the Echo Dot with the problem.
Make sure there are no smart devices that share names with your Sonos devices.
Userlevel 2
Thanks jgatie, but I’m not exactly sure what you mean. The Echo Dot has a unique name Devices (called Main Guest) in Amazon Alexa app and Sonos has unique (group) room name (eg Main Guest) as well. Anything else I should be looking for?
I bought my children Sonos's with Alexa for Christmas as per their requests. Reading reviews, however, lt seemed to say that you missed out that way and that it would be better to get the Amazon Dot and connect to a Sonos speaker. Three days later, l am not so sure! I have set up each device and registered the various music streams on all systems. The Sonos is firmly linked which l did by hardwiring to the router but will the lady send her music to the Sonos, no siree!! Any help would be most welcome. Has anyone had experience of setting up the integrated Sonos, how is that. Just setting up the Sonos, it sounds awesome so l am mightily frustrated.
Driving me up the wall trying to link my sonos to echo dot. Skill has been enabled search for devices nothing found.
In the end it turned out to be a stupid mistake (on my part) which was solved by looking at a you tube video. I for got to say "
play music IN THE LOUNGE" !! Since then, working perfectly.