Question

Alexa doesn’t actually play music after an affirmative response

• 17 November 2017
  • 5 replies

When I ask Alexa to play music on my sonos one, she responds affirmatively but then nothing happens after that. Sample response - “Shuffling songs by Odesza in Office”. (Band = odesza, room = office). Tried this with a couple different bands also. This worked fine probably 4-5 days ago. Alexa responds to questions like “what’s the weather” and the sonos one works when I use the app. Anyone else seeing this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +1
I just updated the app and this just happened to me too. I said "play Howard 100 on Sirirus XM" and Alexa said she would. Then dead silence. Then I went to the app to try and it said Sirius limits streaming to only one room, but I wasn't streaming in any rooms. Then I tried again through the app and it finally played.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi both

Please follow the steps I've defined in the answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same thing here. I thought it was me. Went through the whole procedure. Basically it seems you have to redo your entire setup everytime the Sonos App updates. What a pain.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same thing here. I thought it was me. Went through the whole procedure. Basically it seems you have to redo your entire setup everytime the Sonos App updates. What a pain.

I've only had to do this once since I originally setup the Sonos One, subsequent updates haven't caused a problem.
Same thing with me. Started about two or three days ago.