Question

Alexa Discovering Sonos in second home

• 31 December 2017
  • 4 replies

I have an echo dot that works fine with my 2 sonos speakers in my home. I've now added an echo dot to a second home that also has 2 sonos speakers. Alexa cannot discover the 2 sonos speakers in the second home. It says no discoverable devices. Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos don't support multiple locations, so I assume that the Sonos system in your second home is associated to a different Sonos Account. (Think of them as location rather personal accounts)

The relationship between an Amazon and Sonos account must be 1:1, so you'll need to setup Home 1 Sonos and Amazon accounts and link them together and then create Home2 Sonos and Amazon accounts and link these together. If you want to use the same device to control both homes then you'll need to log out each time you move to a different location and log in to the appropriate accounts. I would suggest that you have you phone logged into your main house and have a tablet configured for your second location which remains in that property to avoid the hassle of switching between accounts.
Thank you. Hopefully in the future, Sonos will support multiple locations.
Sonos supports multiple locations, but this is a known issue occurring between the Amazon and Sonos skill enabling. You can disable and re-enable the Sonos skill when you get to each place and discovery will "work" again, but I agree that is a pain. The 2 accounts should work until Amazon-Sonos are able to upgrade the integration, if you want to put in that upfront work to avoid rediscovery each time you arrive at the new location.
Thank you. I've decided just to go old school in the 2nd location and control through Sonos app. Hopefully there is a solution in the future. I appreciate y otakign the time to respond.