Answered

Alexa default speaker

• 17 February 2020
  • 3 replies

I'm new here so I apologize for everything in advance. I'd like make my "family room" which consists of 2 play 5's (2 gen), playbar and sub, the default music player for Alexa (echo plus). 

However, when I try to set it as the preferred speaker it has the message "incompatible speakers". If I tell Alexa to play music thru family room it works perfectly- would just like to not have to say where each time.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 17 February 2020, 16:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Please see my post: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/an-overview-and-explanation-of-the-new-support-for-alexa-grouping-6817788

Can you also check that you don’t have any duplicate device & group names within the Alexa App.

Thank you so much. I didn't realize that I had a duplicated some groups from when I first got the system last year. 

Hopefully you could help me in one more thing. When I tell Alexa to play music, in general or something specific, she responds with "playing....on Sonos". Great.

However, there's a skill that's enabled that will read books and has its own music. When I ask Alexa to play something from there it doesn't go thru Sonos unless I say to in my command.

Aren't my preferred Sonos speakers the default speakers regardless of where the music or audio is coming from?

Any help is really appropriated 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That would be nice but unfortunately no. It only works with music and not all skills.