Answered

Alexa default music service not working when Amazon offers same station nams

• 22 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I have Pandora selected as my default music service. However, unless I say “From Pandora” when giving the command, Alexa is always playing from Amazon. The only time this isn’t the case is when my Pandora station doesn’t share the same name of an Amazon station. For instance, if I say “Alexa, play New Age on office” it plays from Amazon, I’m guessing because it’s defaulting to Amazon’s generic genre station rather not than my Pandora one. However, if I say, “Alexa, play Accoustic New Age Radio on office” it grabs my station from Pandora.

So the default music service only sorta works, at least for me.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 22 November 2017, 15:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You can specify the service. If you know you want the Pandora station, say "Alexa, play New Age station from Pandora on office." Otherwise, it is going to choose your default first. Also, if you set Pandora as your default station service, then specify "station" in the command, it should choose Pandora first.
Badge +1
Thanks.

However, as I mentioned, Pandora is already set as the default. When that’s the case, it seems it should only choose Amazon when I specify Amazon.

Furthermore, I tried adding “station” in my command which helped. But that’s not how the instructions are documented. They just instruct to say the station name: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343?_ga=2.97237983.1111461359.1511358221-1978866780.1507141923