Alexa commands play in multi rooms

• 27 September 2023
  • 2 replies

New here. I have two rooms set up (one has a single Sonos One, other has a Sonos Move and Beam). Whenever I tell Alexa on the One to play a song on Amazon Music, it plays on the One and the Beam simultaneously. I’ve been looking around trying to figure out why and I’m drawing a blank. I don’t have any multi room setups, I’ve enabled and disabled the Alexa skill multiple times and it just keeps doing it. Any advice on this would be great

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

First make sure there is no room Grouping set in the Sonos and Alexa app(s).

If both devices are in Range of your voice that can cause the issue. Try to narrow down the request to the specific speaker you want to play the music. For example if the room named for the is Beam is “Bedroom”...Say, “Alexa play song xxx on (or in) Bedroom”.

They’re not in range. I have no groups set up, and even when I say to play on one device the same thing happens, it plays on both. I’ve rebooted both devices and it still does the same thing