Question

Alexa commands not working with Beam + LG TV

• 23 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased the Beam play bar, which I connected to Sonos through my LG TV (model 47LW5600) but can't get Alexa voice commands to be recognized. I used the HDMI cable provided with Beam and connected Beam to the TV HDMI #1 Arc output. I set up the Beam via Sonos and can stream music to the Beam and can also receive TV audio but Alexa voice activated system commands are ineffective. My LG TV. Simplink and ARC mode are both set to On.

I"m a new user to Alexa so perhaps there is a more direct troubleshooting method to test if basic voice commands are recognized to ensure the microphone is receiving a signal from Beam. I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts on what would help resolve issue. Thanks!

Vince

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Is the microphone on? Check the LED on the Beam.

Did you download the Alexa app and enable the Sonos skill?
Thanks JGATIE. The LED on the Beam is lit white. I assumed I could access my existing Sonos music features without enabling a skill (i.e Music Library, Radio by Tunein, etc..). If not, how would I access those services?
Thanks JGATIE. The LED on the Beam is lit white. I assumed I could access my existing Sonos music features without enabling a skill (i.e Music Library, Radio by Tunein, etc..). If not, how would I access those services?

See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3439?language=en_US