Answered

Alexa commands not working

• 21 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello
I have 2 sonos beams and a sonos one, all 3 are doung exact same thing. None are shuffling music, when i ask to shuffle songs it plays the same song to start with and doesnt shuffle. Also when i say next it dors nothing, when the song finishes nothing else plays afterwords.
I activate shuffle mode by command and it acknowledges this but still nothing.
I dont know what to do next.
Thanks
Paul
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 22 May 2019, 08:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What music are you shuffling? It sounds like you happen to be playing a playlist that only has one song in it, or something of that nature.

What happens if you request to play a specific streaming service?
Amazon music
when i ask to shuffle songs by for example “queen” it plays 1 song then nothing. When i ask alexa “next song” nothing happens. All other alexa commands appear to work.
I have had no issues for months until recently and both apps are updated
thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Amazon music
when i ask to shuffle songs by for example “queen” it plays 1 song then nothing. When i ask alexa “next song” nothing happens. All other alexa commands appear to work.
I have had no issues for months until recently and both apps are updated
thanks

The default position in cases like this is to Disable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App and then Re-Enable.