Alexa can't hear me with music playing

• 24 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
Been using a Sonos One in the kitchen for about a year. Initially, the mic sensitivity was awful, but I think it was tweaked in an update and it got much better soon afterwards.

Recently though it's worse than ever. I simply cannot get it to respond, even by shouting, when there's music playing. I have to use the Sonos app to pause it and then it hears me fine. I haven't moved the Sonos, it's up high on a cupboard and nothing else has been put near it or anything like that.

Anyone else having this problem? Was there another update that might account for this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Now that you mention it...yes. I have noticed the past few weeks, I either have to silence the One or ask for Alexa right next to the speaker. It has to be a recent update.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Agree! Alexa has also been struggling to hear me for the last couple of weeks. I can't remember the date of the last update but I think there was one recently.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Yes same here on my Kitchen One, I thought there was a fault initially on mine yesterday when I had to shout at it when standing right by the thing.