Question

Alexa can’t find my Spotify playlists

• 2 March 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos One (in Canada) and immediately set up Alexa when it was made available a few days ago.
I’ve linked it with my Spotify account and set it as my default music service but... Alexa can’t find my playlists.
Is there another setting somewhere I need to fix?

As a side note I’m happy to report It does work well with my Wemo devices and my Nest thermostat.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can I just check that you are including the word 'Playlist' in your command? e.g. 'Alexa, Play Piano Chill Playlist'
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi! This is a general issue and it's reported on Alexa's and also Spotify's forums, people that "fixed" this issue comments that you need to rename the playlist to work fine.

Also with the Alexa app (and the website) you could rate every command that you ask to Alexa. Check it and report commands that does not working now to help Amazon to improve Alexa's skills.
Yes I’m saying “playlist” and renaming my playlists didn’t work.
When I say “play *whatever* playlist” Alexa does play a Spotify playlist with that name just not mine.