Answered

Alexa Audible selection

• 13 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Just got my Sonos One and I see that within the Alexa App there is the option to connect to my Audible account. My Amazon and Audible accounts are to be linked and was thrilled to see audible, however, the audible selection does not display any of the books I have in my account. My Amazon account has the books so what is the hang-up?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 13 March 2018, 22:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi cwevenson, Audible isn't currently available for Sonos but we're hard at work with them to bring it to Sonos and the Sonos One. Your Alexa App is showing all Alexa services, of which Audible is one of them, but it's not available to play to Sonos just yet. If you're having trouble with your Audible account not showing all of your books, you might want to reach out to their support team to investigate.

In the mean time, stay tuned for more news on Audible and Sonos in the future.
Badge
Oh, and yet I posted the same question back in September of Last year and was told Audible would be available in December. So this is really disappointing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
It's coming soon, but we're not sharing a date just yet. Stay tuned!
Because if you shared a date, you'd actually have to deliver on your promises
Perhaps Sonos needs to update their copy on their website where it says "Sonos plays everything – the most popular streaming services, on-demand Internet radio, your favorite podcasts and audiobooks, your go-to collection of downloads – whatever you love to listen to."
Badge
Had a service call into Amazon over the weekend and they where able to enable Audible on my Amazon account in the Alexa App, seems it was redirecting to the Canadian audible rather than the US version. (I hate the Canadian account as it doesn't allow more than one credit a month, I listen to a lot of books and 12 credits a year isn't going to cut it.) On my Amazon Dot I can listen to all my Audible books without any issues, just tell it where to send the stream. Where as the Sonos one with Alexa, I can not stream audible even thou the app sees the entire library.