Answered

Alexa, ask the BBC to play Radio2

Last week my Sonus One stopped accepting my Alexa command to play BBC Radio Two. If i say “Alexa, ask the BBC to play RADIO two” The speaker plays the “BBC Sounds” but nothing is played. If i say “Alexa open BBC Sounds” Speaker then says “BBC Sounds Ask for news or the name of the Radio Station” Nothing i say plays anything.

I have factory reset everything unlinked everything and re-joined everything but nothing makes a difference. It has been working fine for months.

To play BBC Radio Two i open the App and find it there. Alexa works for other stuff like “alexa whats the weather like) . Any pointers of where to look next?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 May 2021, 10:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @rhodesmi 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I just tested Alexa and BBC Radio 2 on my Sonos One and it worked without issue. I therefore recommend disabling the Sonos Skill for Alexa (in the Alexa app: More » Skills & Games » Your Skills » Sonos » Disable Skill » Enable to Use) and enabling it again.

Alexa works for everything else like "Alexa what's the weather like" anyway I have disabled the skill and re enabled it its still the same. I have factory reset it and de authorised it 

it used to work just fine then one morning she stopped.

I can use the app to play the radio then just use the start/stop button to play the radio which is fine to be honest. All my echo Dots work just fine

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @rhodesmi 

Asking Alexa for the weather is functionally very different from asking her to play music, but it is handy to know.

Can you play other stations (BBC and others) with Alexa?