Question

Alexa and tidal

• 21 October 2017
  • 5 replies

When will Tidal be integrated into Alexa?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
No time soon I would think.
Alexa on sonos is all about selling amazon music subs and tracks, why would they want to give you access to a competing music service?
Your only hope is that in the future sonos does voice control with the new sonos one and Tidal.
No time soon I would think.
Alexa on sonos is all about selling amazon music subs and tracks, why would they want to give you access to a competing music service?
Your only hope is that in the future sonos does voice control with the new sonos one and Tidal.

Good grief. You and your conspiracy theories. There are demonstrably real and daunting technical hurdles standing in the way of supporting services that are not currently accessible via Alexa alone. Hurdles that clearly explain why this type of function is not yet available without resorting to your "I've got a tin-foil hat, the moon landing never happened, Bigfoot lives in my garage" nonsense.

Start with the fact that Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart, and SiriusXM are available now, and Spotify, another direct competitor to Amazon Music, will be available soon. Then add in the fact that Alexa has no way of querying music from Sonos directly, it can only query music services it currently supports, and would require a massive redesign to do otherwise.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Although I am a Tidal subscriber, I suspect Deezer would be a more logical progression for Sonos. Sonos has for some time partnered with Deezer to bring Sonos listeners the higher-bitrate paid Deezer Elite service.
Delete
Although I am a Tidal subscriber, I suspect Deezer would be a more logical progression for Sonos. Sonos has for some time partnered with Deezer to bring Sonos listeners the higher-bitrate paid Deezer Elite service.

Deezer is available on Sonos via Alexa in the USA as of last night.