Skip to main content
Question

Alexa and Spotify not working together on Era 100

• 13 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a pair of Era 100’s. I’ve connected Alexa and can ask it for the weather, etc., but it will NOT play music from Spotify.  It keeps telling me to connect the apps, etc., which I’ve done several times.  After an hour and a half with Sonos support, they woman told me that this won’t work until they add a “date/settings” feature to the app.  This makes no sense to me, as the Alexa voice command is one of the main selling points of the Sonos Era speakers.  When I pressed her on that she just kept repeating her script. It was like talking to a brick wall. So my question is, does anyone know why I can’t say “Alexa play Steely Dan” to my Sonos speaker and have it work??? THANKS

Moderator edit: Mistake corrected by request

2 replies

Me too! I have the same set up - and the same issue.  I’ve tried all the things you’ve tried!  Have also deleted and reinstalled the apps (Sonos and Spotify) several times.  Hopefully somebody has an answer!!  

the only resolution I came to was to return my Sonos speakers and get 2 Alexa Studios.  They sound good and work.  Good luck.