Answered

Alexa and Sonos playing the same time

• 5 July 2018
  • 3 replies

I finally got alexa to recognize my sonos 1 speakers. When I give the command to play music on sonos, alexa states that amazon music is streaming on two divices and asks if I want to stream on sonos. I answer yes, and the music plays on both devices, alexa and the sonos speakers, when i say no, the music only plays on alexa. I only want the music to play on sonos...How do I do that.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 6 July 2018, 07:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You need to include the Room Name in the command. e.g. 'Alexa, play Soft Jazz on Kitchen Sonos' where Kitchen Sonos is the Device name in the Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices and the Room name in the Sonos App.
Hi , just reading your post I thought you maybe able to help. I have sub , play bar and three one speakers in the lounge . Recently I have become interested in old radiogram and have connected them via echo dots and made its own multi room. The problem is trying to get the Sonos and the echo dots to play together is giving me a headache , does anybody have any ideas ? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's not possible to sync music across Sonos and Echo devices. You could connect your radiogram to a Sonos Amp to output the music to your Sonos system.