Alexa and Sonos in two homes

• 11 May 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I have Alexa controlling Sonos at my home with an Echo. I'd like to add a Sonos 1 at my parent's place. Can I use my Amazon Prime account at both locations (I know I can't stream Amazon music on both at the same time with my standard Prime account).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Answer, yes I can use Amazon Prime Music at both houses, however, Alexa will only see devices from one location so I don't have voice control in both houses. Because of this I'll probably return the Sonos One and use an Echo in my parents place instead of the Sonos One. That way I have voice control of music in both houses. Too bad Sonos hasn't fixed this issue.
TreeGuy, before you return the Sonos One, I'd verify that an Echo at your second house allows you to have voice control at both house. I would not be surprised at all if Amazon wants you to have all of your Echos on the same local network. For a second network (second home) you may be required to have a second Amazon account.

Perhaps someone here can confirm that, or perhaps Amazon support knows. I'd be surprised if it's not a common question.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I would not be surprised at all if Amazon wants you to have all of your Echos on the same local network. For a second network (second home) you may be required to have a second Amazon account.

Voice control with a single amazon account works fine in two locations with the Echos. I just can't get it to work with the Sonos One which is a shame because that little speaker sounds great.