Alexa and SiriusXM trouble

• 5 October 2017
  • 15 replies

I say, "Alexa, play DeepTracks [name of station] on SiriusXM in Library [name of speakers]." Alexa makes a deep tone, and nothing plays.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Try using channel number instead. Channel name wouldn’t work for me either.
Thanks. Can you please reply with the entire command that you used successfully? I can't get channel number to work either. Same "tone" response. Definitely still in beta....
“Echo, play channel 18 on SiriusXM in the office”. When I tried channel name originally echo would respond can’t find Beatles channel on SiriusXM.
Again, thanks very much. I said the same thing, and it doesn't work. Maybe it's just my system. If I leave off "in the office," the music plays - but on the Alexa box, not my Sonos speakers.
Badge
Alexa “Play Fox News Channel from Sirius XM on Play3 kitchen” This works for me, also tried channel number and that works also?
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I think it depends on the channel. I tried "Alexa, play Howard100 on SiriusXM in the office" and nothing happened. But then I said, "Alexa, play The Highway on SiriusXM in the office" and it worked flawlessly. Seems to depend on the channel.
Again, thanks very much. I said the same thing, and it doesn't work. Maybe it's just my system. If I leave off "in the office," the music plays - but on the Alexa box, not my Sonos speakers.

This may be a stupid question but, do you have XM setup configured in both Alexa and Sonos? If it's not setup on Sonos, but is on Alexa, your results sort of makes sense.
Does SiriusXM need to be set up in both? I have SiriusXM setup in Sonos but not in Alexa. Seems like it should still work through the Sonos but it did not. I ran out of time to test it this morning.
Does SiriusXM need to be set up in both? I have SiriusXM setup in Sonos but not in Alexa. Seems like it should still work through the Sonos but it did not. I ran out of time to test it this morning.

Yes, it needs to be set up on both.

Which music services can I use with Alexa?

Music services need to be added to both Sonos and the Alexa app. The following services are currently supported:

Amazon Music
Pandora
iHeartRadio
TuneIn Radio
SiriusXM

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4158/related/1

This may be a stupid question but, do you have XM setup configured in both Alexa and Sonos? If it's not setup on Sonos, but is on Alexa, your results sort of makes sense.

Not a stupid question, but (un)fortunately the answer is I do have it set up on both systems. Alexa just doesn't understand it.
I have the exact same issue. No manner of channel selection seems to work. All the other services are fine. Is this forum monitored by Sonos. If not how to contact them
I have the exact same issue. No manner of channel selection seems to work. All the other services are fine. Is this forum monitored by Sonos. If not how to contact them

https://twitter.com/sonossupport
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
I had a problem using the channel name also last night. once i said channel and the # Alexa understood and sent the right info to Sonos and it played.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, JoelG:

If you go into the Amazon Alexa app does it show the commands you are saying just as you said them? You can find this by tapping on Menu > Settings > History within the Alexa app. Also, if you happen to have a customized name for the room, first try it with a generic room name like "Living Room" or "Bedroom".

You may also find this FAQ helpful.
Try using channel number instead. Channel name wouldn’t work for me either.

Yes right on, I'm finding Channel numbers lead to least problems??