Skip to main content
Question

Alexa and Sirius XM

• 24 May 2024
  • 2 replies

After working perfectly for years, Alexa suddenly wasn’t working.  I had a lengthy level 2 tech support intervention which led to full factory reset of my Sonos Beam.

Now can’t get SiriusXM to work properly. When I ask “Play SiriusXM channel X”, Alexa through the Beam answers “<channel name> on Sirius XM” and….. nothing.  Alexa/SiriusXM works fine on other non-Sonos products so it is correctly linked to my Alexa account. 

Have unlinked, reloaded multiple times.

Any advice?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is a known issue with the new App and Alexa.  Sonos have said an update near the start of June will fix it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

From Sonos Support 

The current Alexa issue is known at the moment due to the time and date not yet being fully integrated in the new Sonos app.

For more information on the missing added feature being added back in the new Sonos app, please check this link: https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-228995/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates-6892942

Despite requesting that this issue be added to the list it still isn’t on there though. The lack of transparency is shocking. Not only are users spending hours trying to fix the issue. The support team must be sick to death of answering the same question. 
Sonos clearly needs some training in incident management.