Question

Alexa and PC

• 19 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Getting Sonos working with PCs

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This not a reply. Creating a question on this forum is NOT easy. I have a glorious Surface Pro and a Window Phone. I hate iThings - all window-dressing and restrictive functionality not to mention cost. I don't want to invest any money in Android devices. I want to control by Sonos devices from my Windows devices and that includes using Alexa - can I do this please. Does it mean I need an Amazon Dot or can my Sonos One microphone be used? Simple answers quite sufficient.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This not a reply. Creating a question on this forum is NOT easy. I have a glorious Surface Pro and a Window Phone. I hate iThings - all window-dressing and restrictive functionality not to mention cost. I don't want to invest any money in Android devices. I want to control by Sonos devices from my Windows devices and that includes using Alexa - can I do this please. Does it mean I need an Amazon Dot or can my Sonos One microphone be used? Simple answers quite sufficient.Hi

You can control Sonos from a PC fine but unfortunately the PC version of both Sonos and Alexa apps have some functionality missing that is only found in either the iOS or Android versions. You need this extra functionality to correctly set-up the Sonos One. Can you borrow an Android device to set it up?

In answer to your second question; the Sonos One has Alexa and the microphone embedded within it so another Echo is not required.