Answered

Alexa and Music Library

• 5 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Does the new Alexa functionality permit playing music from my music library or is it limited to specific streaming services? What if I am playing music from my music library and I just want to pause the music or change the volume?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 October 2017, 17:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes, and no. I know, a complex answer. What you can do is start playing your local library music from the app, and then use the voice commands for resume, stop, louder, softer, etc to control it. What you can't do is search for a particular piece of music using the voice commands. I'd assume they're working on fixing that, and also allowing you to control particular playlists (start playing playlist jazz, for instance), but it's not in the current release.

I tend to stick with a single playlist. I set it up to play in both grouped rooms, and also in several single rooms, and now I just tell my Dot to "resume in room X", and it will resume playing the same playlist that was playing before, much like the controller app does. And for the grouped rooms, I just say one of the room names, and all of the rooms that have been grouped with that room (in the controller) start playing too.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!