Answered

Alexa and BBC Sounds - falls at the last step…

• 22 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

If I say "Alexa, play Radio 4" BBC Sounds through my Sonos One says "Playing BBC Radio 4” followed by "BBC Sounds”…but then goes silent. I’ve followed all the tips and suggestions I can find but to no avail. Help!

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 22 February 2023, 15:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you confirm that you’ve added BBC Sounds as a Music Service within the Sonos App? If the problem remains, please remove and then Enable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa app and retest.  If the problem persists, then do the same with the BBC Sounds Alexa Skill. Can you confirm how your Sonos Devices are connected? (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)

Badge

I am having the same issue, precisely as described by TomMcL.

I have also sought a solution online and fastidiously followed all steps suggested in the troubleshoot sections of BBC Sounds, Alexa and Sonos App’s without success.

My device is a Sonos Beam connected via WiFi.

Badge

Can you confirm that you’ve added BBC Sounds as a Music Service within the Sonos App? If the problem remains, please remove and then Enable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa app and retest.  If the problem persists, then do the same with the BBC Sounds Alexa Skill. Can you confirm how your Sonos Devices are connected? (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)

Hi - Yes, have done all those things. I’m connected by wifi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just to rule out any network issues, can you follow the steps in my article here: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Badge

Just to rule out any network issues, can you follow the steps in my article here: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

It’s a great and very interesting article but to be absolutely honest I can’t be bothered to go through such an exhausting process. Haven’t ever had to do it for anything else - what’s with a Sonos that it’s necessary for them?! I’ll just not bother trying to use BBC Sounds via Alexa.