Question

Alexa Amazon Music Sonos problem

• 2 December 2017
  • 5 replies

I have Amazon Dot connected to my Sonos Playbar and pair of Play 1's. I have an Amazon music account. Normally I can ask Alexa to play, for example, Roxy Music on Living Room and it will play through my Sonos. Today if I ask the same Alexa says it cannot find music by Roxy Music. If I ask it to play Roxy Music without saying on Living Room it will play through the Dot with no problem!.. Odd thing is that if I ask Alexa to play Radio 1 on living room then it works fine? Everything was working perfectly yesterday... Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you logged on to another Amazon account on your controlling device in another app? Also try asking your Play One or Echo Dot to 'Discover'?
Only the one Amazon music account.. discover finds nothing
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I suggest that you remove the Sonos skill and then re-enable it. (Alexa app>Skills>Your Skills)
Thank you, sadly thats not solved the problem either but if I say for example 'Alexa play Telegram Sam in living room' she says ''Here is a sample of Telegram Sam by T.Trex playing in living room" and it will play a short clip of the song.!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Okay, let's try one more thing before a total reset of your Voice Control. Open the PC version of the Alexa app>Smart Home>Devices and select discover. Please retest.

If the problem remains then please follow the steps I've listed in the answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239