Answered

Alexa account

• 14 June 2023
  • 1 reply

When I try to link to an Alexa account someone else's Amazon account is displayed and it will let me select my own Alexa account. It also won't allow me to sign out or deselect the other person's Alexa account.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 15 June 2023, 10:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Laurencewhite, welcome to the Sonos Community!

When adding Alexa to Sonos, it will re-direct you through the Alexa app to sign in and enable the voice service. if you’re seeing an account that isn’t your own, it’s likely that a different account is logged into an Amazon app on your device.

If a friend or family member has used your device to log into their account and hasn’t logged out, it may default to their account. If not, I’m not sure why a different account is showing, but the best way to resolve this would be to log out of all Amazon apps on the controller, such as Prime video, Amazon Music, Amazon Photos, Kindle, etc.

Once you’ve signed out of all Amazon apps, try add Alexa again. It should re-direct you to the Alexa app to log in and add the voice service to Sonos.

If the above didn’t resolve the issue and you’re still seeing another persons amazon account, then I would recommend you reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools to help troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!