Question

Alexa

• 18 February 2018
  • 5 replies

I have just purchased a Sonos. My primary reason for buying it was so that I could play music through voice recognition ie Alexa. Every time I ask Alexa to play something she tells me it’s not in my music library or that it’s available on Amazon Music Unlimited and would I like more information. I have enabled Sonos on skills in the Alexa app, I have set Amazon Music as my default, I am an unlimited customer. What am I doing wrong???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Did you add your Amazon Unlimited account info to both the Sonos app and the Alexa app?
Yeah I think so, I can see my account on both apps
Alexa keeps asking me to link my Spotify account, or sometimes she’ll play a sample
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, nataliedalton. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. From the sounds of it, seems like there may be something wrong with the default music services settings in the Alexa app. Double check that your Amazon Music account is set as your default and try again.
Hi.
Something similar happened to me as well. The reason was that my Amazon profile is open in different countries/marketplaces (Germany, Italy, US, etc...).
Amazon Music was looking at my profile in Italy while I am Prime member (but it should work the same for Unlimited) in Germany. So no music was available to me.
I had to change a configuration in Amazon Music to link the German profile and magically it worked with Alexa too.