Answered

Alexa

• 27 December 2017
  • 8 replies

I bought a Sonus1 with Alexa. Set up ok and worked wonderfully. Yesterday Alexa stopped talking. Ecerything looks ok but U cannot get Alexa to work again?
icon

Best answer by djm1 28 December 2017, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Hey there, djm1. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Does your speaker still appear in the Alexa app? Do you hear a chime when you say Alexa? Thanks for clarifying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Also, can you check that the small white round light is still showing on the top of the Sonos One? If not, you've accidentally turned the mic off, just touch the mic symbol on the top and it will toggle back on.
Many thanks for the info. I spoke to numerous 'experts' the only solution was they said a factory reset. By chance I found the 'mic switch' so we are now on speaking terms! Thanks for your suggestions - a simple description of the limited controls on the boxed leaflet would save a lot of problems for what is a beautiful product. Happy New Year.
Badge
My #Alexa has stopped working. It shows up in my Alexa app with serial number, but still does not respond. I have on several occasions gotten the following "Sorry I am having trouble understanding right now. Please try a little later" How can I fix?
That reply is indicative of the unit losing internet access.
Badge
My sonos speaker works via the network connection. The speaker is shown on the Alexa app, but no Alexa
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
A few things to check:

1/ Open the Alexa App>Settings and check your Sonos One is shown as On-Line;
2/ Try a command and then check Alexa App>Settings>History and ensure that Alexa heard you;

If the answer to these two questions is 'Yes' then jgatie's suggestion still stands. Can you power down these devices in this order letting each one complete the boot cycle before moving to the next:

- Router
- Any wired network switch
- Any wired Sonos device
- Any other Sonos device

If the answer to either of the questions is 'No', then please follow the steps I've listed within the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126

Let us know how you get on.
Badge
Ok I resolved my issue. My solution was to unplug my SonosOne. Next while holding the infinity button (lower back) replug in the device. Follow the startup sequence as if new. This resolved one of my speakers and the other also came back following the same.