Alex stopped working on all Sonos-Alexa enabled devices (1 x Beam & 2 x Sonos One). Re-adding Alexa after reset fails with "There was a problem adding Alexa"

• 18 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

About 10 days ago Alexa stopped working on all my Sonos-Alexa enabled devices:

• 1 x Beam
  • & 2 x Sonos One

after working flawlessly for about 2.5 years.

I’ve spent the last 10 days trying various lengthy reset/re-setup sequences that I have found on line, including this one on the community forums:  

The devices re-appear in the Sonos S2 app, they also appear in the Alexa app after re-enabling the Sonos Skill but any attempt at re-adding the Alexa Voice Assistant to any of the 3 devices fails with the error "There was a problem adding Alexa"  in the Sonos S2 App.

I’ve gone around the reset/re-setup loop many times but its jus not working and there isn’t enough details provided in the App to let me troubleshoot it myself so I have generated a Support Diagnostics report and here is the Confirmation Number 743124758:

If any one can advise or any support person can look in to the diagnostics and get back to me I would appreciate it. 

Regards

Kt.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Alexa probably stopped working on your Sonos devices when Amazon Web Services had a massive outage on December 7. But everything should be working fine now.

Have you tried unplugging the affected speakers from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router? You might also try deleting and re-installing the Sonos app.