Answered

Adding Alexa to an existing group of speakers

• 14 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi, a quick question: I have 3 Sonos speakers in my living room. (2 Sonos Play 1s and a sub.) That group is called "Living Room." I have an Amazon Echo in my kitchen. Is there any way I can join everything and create a "Whole House" group, essentially add the Echo to what I already have? I see lots of posts about adding Sonos to Alexa's functionality, but not the other way around--just adding Alexa to my existing Sonos situation. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 19 December 2017, 03:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, qbertitis. Thanks for posting to the Community. At this time there isn't any information on adding the Echo as a speaker in Sonos. I'll be sure to forward this idea to the team for consideration. Thanks again for the feedback!
Userlevel 2
Hi, a quick question: I have 3 Sonos speakers in my living room. (2 Sonos Play 1s and a sub.) That group is called "Living Room." I have an Amazon Echo in my kitchen. Is there any way I can join everything and create a "Whole House" group, essentially add the Echo to what I already have? I see lots of posts about adding Sonos to Alexa's functionality, but not the other way around--just adding Alexa to my existing Sonos situation. Thanks!
No. Alexa grouping is not supported for 3rd party speakers at this time. Amazon is said to be working on this.
Badge
No. Alexa grouping is not supported for 3rd party speakers at this time. Amazon is said to be working on this. Let's hope for this...was disappointed when I learned I couldn't group them.